8 Tips to help get you to that desired position by Sam Thiara

Referred Link - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/8-tips-help-get-you-desired-position-sam-thiara?trk=pulse-det-nav_art

8 Tips to help get you to that desired position

Do you have a dream position or career path that you want to pursue? Are you standing there thinking about this huge cavern of space between you and the place where you would like to be because you have little or no experience? Are there people around you saying you are wasting your time? Are there voices telling you to give it up because you can't make money at what you want to do?
There will be many voices to say why you can't or shouldn't do something. Sometimes it is out of fear and other times, it is out of ignorance. People are very quick to provide advice on what you should or shouldn't do but do we ever question their credibility. It is unfortunate because so many great things are never attempted or done because those voices slowly turn to action...or inaction and we never pursue what we should have. Years later, we look back in regret.
If there is something you want to accomplish in life, I hate to say it but you are going to accomplish this and are on a crash course...until you throw a limitation up. Once that happens, the barriers and boundaries are set and you won't accomplish what you set out to do. Once you take your eyes off the goals and concentrate on the obstacles, you loose the effort and energy to pursue what you really want. One day I wanted to shift my career into a position I had no experience in. I put the position in my site line and started towards it. I engaged with people I wanted to meet in the area and do things to help me get where I wanted to go. It took time - about 1 1/2 years of dedicated effort and work. While people said I was wasting my time because there was no way I could get the position because I lacked experience, I started a marathon and before you know it, I was there and now people wanted to know how I did it. They did not see the work required to go from zero to accomplishing.
How did I do this?
  • Find the champions and enablers in life. They are the voices that will tell you that you can accomplish what you want. They are the quality of voices of possibility over the quantity who will tell you can't. The difference is that those who are champions and enablers know you can and have the experience.
  • Understand that you are not alone in the journey. At times the career path you want can look lonely but there are the champions and enablers who are there to support you.
  • Take the time needed. We have to realize that what we truly desire will not happen today, tomorrow or in the next few months. You have to be in for the long haul if it is important to you. Be persistent in the journey and don't let setbacks deter you from what you feel is yours.
  • You have to be prepared to learn and do what is required to get the experience. You have to research, do classes and programs so you gain experience.
  • Be willing to volunteer in the area you would like to be in. The experience you gain will provide experience and how the credibility you have.
  • Set reasonable milestones and celebrate them when you accomplish it. Since the journey is a long one, appreciate the markers you set as opposed to the final destination of what you will accomplish. These are the stepping stones.
  • Appreciate all that you gather as you strive to where you are going. There are life lessons to be embraced so look at the path you are walking over just staring at the horizon.
  • Understand that if this is something you want to pursue because it is important to you, you will be enthusiastic about it. It matters to you and people will see this and help you get where you need to go. Don't be afraid to show your enthusiasm.
Simply put, prepare for the journey and take those who are there to help you along the way. Over time, you will realize what should be! My journey is full of stories that took me from no experience to sitting in a position of my choosing. http://www.sam-thiara.com/sams-story/

You May Also Like

0 comments