First Remember, Recruiters prefer persons joining immediate/ soon than late. (Immediate Joinees will get more offers and joining bonus.)
Tip - If you have lengthier notice period, Better apply this below tips, observe for how much calls you get then apply resignation and try attending the interview.
1) Ensure to update your Job Portal profile first. (In My case for India, Naukri and Monster)
- Step 1 - Add 'Available Earliest' in Resume Headline before your Headline text.
- Step 2 - Update the Key Skills with all possible applicable and Known technology separated with comma.
- Step 3 - Update your employment history details with notice period of 'less than 15 days'.
- Step 4 - Update your profile daily before 10 AM. So the recently updated profile will be listed first for recruiters.
2) Ensure to get joining bonus, If you are joining immediately or within a one month. (Range - Equal to your one salary will be preferable)
3) If you are relocating, Ask for relocation reimbursement when they are offering.
4) Try for claiming the notice period payout, If you are paying from your pocket.
Feel free to reach me if you need more idea. :)