8. Now the form is ready and let’s go and publish this to SharePoint 2010 Form library.
Data | Form Options
9. InfoPath 2010 Submit Form Options:
If you want to submit the form to SharePoint Document Library, put a check in Allow users to Submit this form
Other options are “Show the submit button in both the ribbon and the info tab in the InfoPath filter”
10. If your satisfy with all the all the options, click Ok. This will give you a message saying “ You must select a data connection for Submitting data to a SharePoint document library. To create a new data connection, click ADD”
Let’s go and click Add to create new data connection to SharePoint 2010 Document Library
11. Data Connection Wizard: This wizard helps you to specify a data connection for submitting the form to a document library on SharePoint site. The form will be submitted with the file name specified below
I already have created a Form Library in SharePoint 2010. If you don’t have the link for the Form Library go to your SharePoint site and create a Form Library.
In File Name, I selected as name and the form will be submitted with the file name specified below
To insert File Name : Click on Fx Icon
12. Enter a name for this data connection and click on Finish and Ok for next Window
13. Now the data connection to document library is completed and now we can publish the form to SharePoint 2010
To publish the form, go to File | Publish and | SharePoint Server |
Publish form to a SharePoint Library
- Create or update a form library form on SharePoint
- Users can access this form Online
14. Publishing Wizard will come up to publish the form to SharePoint Document Library. In here the wizard wants you to enter the location of your SharePoint or InfoPath Form Services site.
Enter the site name which you want to publish the form.
15. Enable this form to be filled out by using browser if you want user to fill the form online. Also we are publishing this form to a document library
16. What do you want to do?
- Create a new form library or Update the form template in an existing from library.
17. The files listed below will be available as columns in SharePoint sites and Outlook Folder. Go head and select the fields which you want to capture.
19. Form is published to SharePoint and click on open in form in the Browser
20. InfoPath Form opens in browser and it’s ready to be filled and submit to form library.
21. Form filed information are captured in Form Library in SharePoint 2010
If you want to know how to disable some of the features in the form submit options.
When you publish InfoPath 2010 form to SharePoint 2010 to open in a web browser Web browser the following options will be applied
Show InfoPath commands in Ribbon or toolbar
Show the following commands
- save us
- print preview
How to disable or remove save and save us InfoPath 2010 Form features after publishing to SharePoint 2010?
Open InfoPath Designer 2010 and go to Click on File | Advanced Form Options:
In Advanced Form Options, you can disable any features you want and publish the form to SharePoint
Published form without save and save us features in InfoPath 2010