How to Find the Codec Your AVI Video File Needs

Referred URl:

http://www.technipages.com/how-to-find-the-codec-your-avi-video-file-needs.html

 

1. Download qaviinfo.exe and save it to the same folder that your AVI file is located. Mine is at C:\Downloads for this example.

2. Open a DOS command prompt (Start > Run > CMD) and navigate to that folder. Type CD C:\Downloads.

3. The name of the video file in my case is presenta.avi. So I can now type qaviinfo presenta.avi.

4. A list of information about the file will be displayed. In the Codec column you can see what codec is being used. Here it is FMP4.

Command results

5. A Google search on FMP4 revealed to me this link. Which then led me to The Codecs where I found a download for a file that included the FMP4 codec.

You May Also Like

0 comments