What is SharePoint?
SharePoint: A collection of products and software elements which includes InternetExplorer based collaboration functions, modules of process management, search modules and a platform for document management. Share Point can be used for web hosting web sites which access the shared workspaces, information stores and documents, and host defined applications such as blogs.
What is Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server?
MS SharePoint Portal Server is an integrated suite from server side, to help improve organizational effectiveness with the help of providing
- comprehensive content management
- enterprise search
- accelerating shared business processes
- facilitating information sharing across boundaries
- Provides platform which includes server administration, application extensibility and interoperability for IT professionals.
How is SharePoint Portal Server different from the Site Server?
SharePoint Portal Server:
- Web site creation for information sharing and document collaboration is treated as services by SharePoint Portal Server.
- SharePoint server services are key information worker infrastructure that provides additional functionality to the MS Office system applications. Site Server:
- Manages websites with multiple technologies
- Content management, product management, order processing , advertisement serving are some of the functionalities
How is security managed in SharePoint?
Share point uses digital dashboard technology that provides an interface for the purpose of creating web parts and making them appear them on dash boards. The security is applicable throughout the organization.
What is Windows SharePoint Services?
Creation of websites for information sharing and document collaboration will be enabled by Windows SharePoint Services. It provides additional functionality for MS Office system and other desktop applications. It also supports like a platform for the development of applications.
What is a SharePoint site definition?
A SharePoint site definition is a combination of files which reside on the Web server and defines a unique SharePoint site. Every template on the web site tab of New dialog box is utilized a site definition. For example, one site definition defines the Team site, Bank site and another site definition defines the Meeting workspaces like Basic Meeting Workspace, Decision Meeting Workspace, and Social Meeting Workspace etc.
What is CAML?
CAML is an acronym for Categorical Abstract Machine Language. CAML is statically typed, strictly evaluated, and uses memory management automatically. LISP is the first CAML implementation. CAML Light was implemented in C. CAML Special Light is added a powerful module system to the core language, in addition to complete rewriting, Objective CAML is the current implementation of CAML, which adds an object layer.
How to display information from data source in SharePoint site?
Here, we will learn to apply nice formatting to data that is displayed on our page. We will learn to do this by making use of Cascading Style Sheets. We will also learn how to format our data automatically, depending on the data values (a technique known as conditional formatting). Then we will learn to filter and sort our data, use formulae to perform calculations, and how to split our data up into multiple pages.